Sunday, December 15, 2013

I'm Too Tired...


Life has been so crazy lately.  I’m sure many of you feel the same. Since the week of Thanksgiving there has been something going on every single day.  It seems likes there’s been a little bit of everything, from making and decorating two cakes to learning music for Sacrament meeting and birthday parties and Christmas parties, calling So-and-so, planning lessons, going here, picking up that…the list could go on and on.  At the end of each day I found myself not wanting to do anything.  I’d think I’m too tired.  It seemed like I was thinking this whenever anything new came up, or if my children or husband asked something of me.  It most definitely popped into my head when I found a moment to do some writing.  I’d have a perfect opportunity to sit and write, but I’d tell myself I’ll do it later, I’m too tired now.  It didn’t take long, but I got sick of my own mental whining.  It occurred to me, I’m not really too tired to do whatever thing needed to be done, I just didn’t want to do it.  What I wanted was to take a nap.  However, once I realized I could in fact muster the energy I discovered a little more mental strength and was able to do what needed to be done. 

I also realized that I’ve had this “too tired” attitude before.  It has touched pretty much every aspect of my life at one time or another.  There have been times when I allowed the physical and mental fatigue to dictate my choices and, in the end, my accomplishments.  But when I put forth that last bit of effort and pushed myself just a little bit further I found that I was always able to achieve whatever goals I had.  I also found that after giving it my all the reward was that much greater. 

I think this is part of Heavenly Father’s plan.  He wants to test us, He wants to see how hard we are really willing to work, and when we show our determination He always pours out His blessings upon us. 

I know at the end of the year every one seems to be stressed and tired, so to all of you I say-
Don’t give up.  Keep going.  You can do great things, And when you do feel like you just cant give anymore – pray.  Heavenly Father will give you the strength to carry on. 

1 comment:

  1. This is so, so true. I recently saw a workout post on Pinterest that said something like, “When you feel like you can’t keep going, it’s not your body giving up- it’s your mind.” I have started doing my own little “plank challenge” (because I’m feeling fat and I just don’t have any time for real workouts these days!) where I have been trying to hold the plank position for as long as I can once in the morning and once at night every day. As I’m “planking” there always comes a point when my whole body starts shaking and I say in my head, “Nope, can’t do it anymore. Time to give up.” But then I remember that quote, and I tell myself, “Brain, shut up. This isn’t about you. Let’s see what my body can do.” And I’m always able to go just a second or two longer than I did the time before. It’s amazing what we can do when we quiet those obnoxious voices in our heads! :-) Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails