Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Reason for the Season

Written by Ashley & Jessica
It’s officially December.  The Christmas season is now in full swing.  Shoppers are out in force eager for the best deal on gift items.  Holiday music can be heard everywhere.  I find myself singing lines from Silver Bells as I pass Christmas banners hung on the sides of city streets.  Santa has made numerous sightings, and snowmen (the decorative ones) are popping up all over.  Homes and other buildings are getting a Christmas makeover, decked out in twinkle lights and other festive decorations. 

 

But where is Christ? 

 

I love Christmas and pretty much all this season brings.  (I do not like the extra traffic and holiday shoppers)  I love the rush of picking out gifts for the people I love and planning the holiday goodies I’m going to make.  But the thing that makes this time of year special is the very Person that is often forgotten and is being pushed from the public eye.  Let us not forget the real reason for celebrating this Christmas.  Let us not forget the reason behind our joy and thanks.  Let us all remember our Lord and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.  Let Him be the center of our holiday, and lets all try a little bit harder to share Him and His message of love and joy with those around us.

 

Merry Christmas to all of you!  I hope this month and this Christmas season brings you joy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails