Monday, December 21, 2015

Tis the Season to Read

A girl after my own heart...


Recently I saw the movie "The Proposal" (it's hilarious) and at one point in the movie Sandra Bullock's character says that Wuthering Heights is her favorite book and she reads it every Christmas. 

I thought to myself, How nice to read your favorite book every Christmas. Like a little gift to yourself!

As it happens, I'm in between library books at the moment, so I headed to my bookshelf to see what favorites I might like to read. I came across a very pretty hardbound copy of Anne of Green Gables that I had picked up at the Goodwill Outlet, and I hadn't read it since I was a little girl but I remembered loving it. I was in the mood for something nostalgic and classic (kind of like Wuthering Heights is) and so I grabbed it and started reading.

What FUN! Now I know that this is going to be my read-aloud book for my kids for our screen-free January. I can't wait to share the quirky and lovable character of Anne Shirley with them. I've already started practicing my voices for the book (I always do voices when I read aloud).

Do you make books a part of your Christmas traditions? Here's another idea for you that I came across on Facebook (and I'm in love with it): 


When I told my kids about this Christmas Eve tradition they BEGGED me to do it! My husband is not a fan of the idea- he hates reading- but I told him he could take his iPad to bed and watch a movie or something. ;-) I just love the coziness of it, and I already have books I've bought as gifts for all my kids anyway so...hmm...

However you choose to incorporate books into your holiday festivities, I hope you have a very merry Christmas this week!

And a boy after my own heart (he stole his sister's spot in front of the fire when it was her turn for shower).


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails