Monday, May 4, 2015

My Perfect Mother's Day



This week I asked my kids to suggest ideas for this post, and my son said, "What about your perfect Mother's Day?" And so here is my perfect Mother's Day.

7am- I'm sleeping in.

8am- I'm still sleeping in.

8:30am- I'm waking up, feeling totally refreshed. I start getting ready, no children grabbing things off my bathroom counter asking if they can have some lotion or some lipstick or a cotton ball or- well, you get the idea.

9:30am- Pancake breakfast with my family. Yum!

10am- I finish getting ready, someone else gets my kids ready for church. All I have to do is show up in the car.

11am- Church (we don't actually have church at this time, but I sure wish we did- allows for all the sleeping in without taking over the whole day)

2pm- Church is out, I go home and meet my mom for a picnic lunch- maybe something chinese- and chatting.

3:30pm- Relaxing & reading with chocolate. Maybe some writing in there if the mood strikes me.

6pm- Dinner (steak, mashed potatoes, and roasted brussels sprouts) is made and on the table, the kitchen is clean, and my husband is being gentle and kind with the children and he is not at all grumpy about the whole process.

6:30pm- Dessert. Something creamy and maybe chocolatey and delicious.

7pm- Kids get ready for bed. More reading for me.

8pm- Kids go to bed, hubby and I curl up on the couch and watch a movie with popcorn. Maybe more chocolate here?

10pm- Long hot shower, more reading, a nice massage, and bed.


See? I don't ask for much. I don't need extravagant gifts. I don't want breakfast in bed (too many crumbs). I just want some quiet time for reading. And chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

This year Mother's Day will be different and more special because it falls on my son's birthday! I don't mind it at all, because he is my oldest and the one who made me a mother in the first place, so I will happily share this day with him.

Can't believe he'll be 11. Oh, wow. Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

What does your perfect Mother's Day look like? 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds heavenly! I want this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign me up, sister! Except the brussel sprouts. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails