Who's Keeping Track?
Apparently not me. Life is busy. I completely forgot it was my turn today to blog for the beloved MMW until...well....just now! It's not because of NaNoWriMo....although I wish it were. Writing opportunities have been scarce. Would love to hear more success stories from our fellow writers!
My personal list of excuses is long:
- My oldest daughter is getting married next week.
- Computer issues from downloading Windows 10 have sucked up hours of my time over the past week. No bueno.
- I started home schooling my 8th grader last week and its been an adjustment. A huge adjustment. We got our stuff last minute and the learning curve for the program and software is humbling since I have a million and one other things to do. More on that later.
- Did I mention that my baby is getting married in 8 days? Our temple trip with her was wonderful and it was a beautiful day. Very busy weekend traveling.
- I wish Pinterest didn't exist and that potlucks were in vogue. I'm in charge of transforming a basketball court into an event center. This is new to me as I am a convert.
- I've been fighting a cold/flu.
- As the "mother of the bride" I sadly have no sisters, no aunts, no cousins, no grandmas or sisters-in law to help, My mother-in-law was recently in a terrible car accident and is just now using a walker so I cannot ask her for help. I thankfully have my mom and she is going to help make cookies.
- I may have gone completely nuts.
Praying for patience and calm because more things keep coming up. I wish my husband were here to help but he is working 13 hour days, six days a week, and is three hours away. We are glad for the work but life is crazy.
I've got to run because school is starting...and then I need to run up to Idaho Falls and return some dresses that didn't fit and go to a craft store. It just started snowing...luckily its only an hour drive there. Wish me luck.