Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's About Time

by Tamara Passey*


Well, not really - this post is about Creativity. I've been thinking about it and talking about it and it's about time I sat down and started it. Started what? My series on creativity. I am fascinated by creative people and the creative process. I'm convinced all of us have an inner artist and so many of the myths surrounding creativity -are just that- myths. I came across this article a while ago and loved the research. Here is a little of what Epstein had to say:


The very good news is that, with the right skills, you can boost your own creative output by a factor of 10 or more. Significant creativity is within everyone's reach--no exceptions. What's more, greater creativity breeds greater happiness. The creative process is itself a source of joy for most people. And with new creative powers we're also better able to solve the little problems that beset us daily.
~"Capturing creativity" By Robert Epstein, published on July 01, 1996

Did you catch that? 'Creativity is within every one's reach - no exceptions' In the words of my four-year-old, that totally rocks! And who couldn't use another source of joy in their life or extra help solving problems? I'm so excited about it that I decided I wanted to do a series. Mark your calendar (I usually post on Tuesdays), become a follower and stop by for upcoming blog posts. I'll be exploring each of the suggestions Epstein has to boost creativity, sharing interviews of some of the really cool, creative people I know. And I might even have a contest before I'm done.


*Also appearing on my personal blog http://www.whyigetup.blogspot.com/ - and I'm not sure why the pictures didn't copy over - but they are part of a little creativity exercise.

3 comments:

  1. I seem to get my most creative ideas when I'm falling asleep. some kind of early dreaming? too bad I forget them by morning unless I get up and do something about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamara - ideas seem to come at moments when we are least able to write them down! Capturing will be one of the segments of the series- there are lots of ways to keep track of ideas, but finding the way that works for you is tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute, Tamara! Thank you for posting and caring about us and finding within ourselves a creative being! <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails