by Tamara Passey
10. The stylish name-tags. Okay, kidding.
9. The food. Still kidding.
8. Meeting internet writing friends (people look different in 3-D than 2-D).
7. The chance to listen to famous authors, published authors (not always the same thing) and lots of other experienced people in the writing and publishing industry.
6. Sit at a table with total strangers and talk about genres, word count, writing methods and hooks.
5. Attend workshops and learn I’ve written a few things right.
4. Attend workshops and find out I’ve written a few things that will need to be burned.
3. Have total strangers ask, “What do you write?”
2. Have an agent or editor ask, “What do you write?”
And the # 1 reason to attend a writer’s conference is having confirmed to you the universal truth :
Writing is the coolest, most awesome job/hobby/obsession in the world!
I get carried away, but how could I not after attending the fabulous ANWA conference? If you were there, you know what I mean. If you weren't there -(well why not?) mark your calendar for next year!