Sunday, September 28, 2014

Absense Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Recently I shared a post about my season in life. I had said that I would still try to write, but just a little less. A couple of weeks ago, I went to the temple with my sweet husband. While I was there I asked God about my writing and I got an answer I didn't think I would get. I got the feeling I should STOP writing for now. Not permanently but that I should stop. I figured it has to do with my family needing me right now and I agreed. So I haven't been writing....and something strange is happening.

I suddenly feel the desire and the need to write building up inside of me. I feel it bubbling  and gurgling below the surface and I know that soon I won't be able to stop it. I think that when it gets to that point is when I will feel it is time to write again. I think my Heavenly Father knows me so well that He knows what works for me even better than I do and I'm so grateful for hidden blessings that come from obeying the promptings we feel from our Father above!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! I don’t know if I could handle that answer! Good for you. I’m happy that one of my church callings (public affairs) requires me to write, so I can’t get out of it even if I wanted to. ;-) I’m at a point where I have so MUCH to write, it’s hard to decide what to do first.

    I’m glad you are following the Spirit- it’s when we do that we are led down the path that leads to our ultimate happiness. Like President Uchtdorf said last night- God knows what He’s doing! Blessings to you and your family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki, I love that God is speaking to you so clearly, and equally that you are feeling the creative bubble deep within. I absolutely believe God can guide our writing, if we trust Him to do so. I've gone through some of this myself lately with my book. Thank you for sharing this. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails