Friday, October 1, 2010

Controling Characters

Writing gives you the illusion of control
and then you realize it's just an illusion,
that people are going to bring their own stuff into it. 
-- David Sedaris
 
As a writer and a mother, I am reminded constantly that I can not control those in my life or my stories (if I want believable characters).   If robbed of our agency, we will never grow to be great.   So it is with the best characters.  While we as authors, can create all kinds or situations for our characters to grow through, if we want have memorable characters we must allow them to remain true to their nature as they pass through these situations.


Don't forget to visit Nikki's post from yesterday to enter the MMW contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails