Friday, January 21, 2011

Guest Youth Writer:Taegan

 In my previous ward, I had the privileged of meeting a wonderful young lady, Taegan.  She is full of energy and a passion for many things including writing.  I asked her to share some of her excitement and enthusiasm with us.  I forgot to get the link to her blog, but hopefully I will be able to post it in the comments when I here back from her.

I spent my childhood up in trees or with my nose shoved deep into books. I’d like to think my Mum passed that lovely trait down. When I was fourteen I met two girls who befriended me and changed life as I knew it. They taught me the joy and excitement that comes with writing. Dana could spend pages on details, gloriously vivid details while Sarah K had incredibly funny dialogue. I’d like to think that I fell somewhere between the two when it came to technique, but my passion burned brightest. We’re all in college now, scattered from Idaho to Hawaii, busy with school, jobs, and life. As far as I can tell I’m the only one who continues to write as if my life and happiness depend on it, and I think in a way, it does.  I’m always writing, always. I have a blog, a journal I keep faithfully, and close to 175 different files in Microsoft full of lines, scenes, and characters in my head.
Words are a beautiful thing. Nothing brings my heart greater joy, love, or inspiration than a beautiful sentence that paints an image in my head and lets my soul soar. Perhaps that’s why I am so drawn to writing, I long to give someone else the gift so many have given me. If I could have anything in the world it would be the chance to create something that would forever change the life of just one person, to leave an impression in someone else’s mind and inspire them to do the same. I can honestly say that some of my happiest moments in this world have been caused by the hands of those who embrace their craft and the gift of words
But I don’t just want to experience someone else’s magic, I want to create my own.
So far this desire has escaped me, and I envy those of my peers who have been able to take hold of their craft with both hands.
But someday it will be my turn, and you can take that to the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails