Sunday, September 23, 2012

Our Purpose

  Our lesson today in Church was on a talk given by Sister Julie B. Beck titled The Vision of Prophets Regarding Relief Society: Faith, Family, Relief.  During the lesson  a song kept playing through my mind.  It goes like this:

The errand of angels is given to women;
And this is a gift that, as sisters, we claim:
To do whatsoever is gentle and human,
To cheer and to bless in humanity's name.

   This comes from the second verse of As Sisters in Zion. 

   While sitting in church I had a whole post written out in my mind, and it sounded really good.  But as I sit here I'm struggling to put any words down.  I've written, deleted, and rewritten only to delete again and wonder if my idea was as good as I thought it to be. Perhaps it's because my words don't need to be written today, just the words of this song. 
  The last verse of the song goes like this:

How vast is our purpose, how broad is our mission,
If we but fulfill it in spirit and deed.
Oh, naught but the Spirit's divinest tuition
Can give us the wisdom to truly succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails