I recently read an article in a magazine that listed several ways to lighten your life this summer. Since summer is almost gone I thought we could all use this for the coming months to get us through the drearier months. Here is a list that I plan on going for! What's yours?
- Paint a room in a soft bright color to brighten your day
- Clean out the clutter in one area or two!
- Give a little pep to your play list and find something new (Pandora is a free Internet radio that helps you find new music by evaluating your likes of rhythm/tempo and style)
- Go on a walk ? times a week and enjoy the world around you (for those living in blazing heat try getting up before the heat really picks up)
- Lighten up on sweets (reach for a fruit instead of a high carb/fat food)
- Learn a new skill however small (my blog http://craftersguru.blogspot.com/ has plenty of fun easy to advanced easy ideas)
- Learn a new language, a few phrases or even how to count to 10
- Let it go! If you feel someone has offended you or something upsets you, breath deeply and put it into perspective. It really doesn't matter in the eternities!
- Loosen up, play a game of hide and seek with the kids, a card game (Sleeping Queens card game is really fun for ages 5+), or dance/sing around silly to your favorite song
- Pray more, about the littlest of things too.