Monday, February 22, 2010

The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte Book Review


My sister just lent me the book, "The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte" by Syrie James. It's not that often that I find a book worth reviewing and I finally found a treasure! If you are looking for a fun enjoyable read that takes you back in time to the private world of Charlotte Bronte, then this is a sure bet for you!
What an enjoyable read, full of sadness, a hint of secret passions, joy, historical facts and info all packaged in words that are written with a modern tone and echos of an era long gone by. My 13 year old daughter is reading it and has consumed half the book in one sitting! I haven't had this much fun with a book since reading the Twilight series (For non-Twilight fans, this is in no way like the series. It stands alone as a good read!). It was good, clean fun. It also contained Charlotte's own struggle to get her novels published and how she overcame! I can't wait to buy Syrie's previous publication, "The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen."Authoress, Syrie James

3 comments:

  1. Sounds sooo good! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks interesting. I want to look into reading it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just discovered your blog. Thank you so much for your wonderful review of my novel about Charlotte. I'm glad you enjoyed it, as it was truly a work of my heart.

    I'm excited to report that my novel "Dracula, My Love" will be out this summer. It's a very romantic and thrilling story, and I had a great time writing it. My publisher was so happy with the manuscript, that she didn't ask for a single revision. If you'd like to learn more about it and other upcoming books (and the movie adaptation of "Secret Diaries!), please visit my website (www.syriejames.com) and sign up for my newsletter.

    If you review my novel "The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen," please leave a message at my website and let me know! Thanks again, and all best.

    Syrie James

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails