Friday, November 30, 2012

Book Review: "Checkin' it Twice and Other Heartwarming Tales"


I was lucky enough to be able to review the new Christmas anthology book from LDS Publisher.  LDS Publisher holds a Christmas short story contest and then makes a book out of the winners. Much like we do on our blog. The most recent book, "Checkin' it Twice and Other Heartwarming Tales" is a holiday must have!

"Can Santa learn a lesson from the Savior?

Can a foreign exchange student help you see Christmas a little more clearly?

Do things really look better from a distance?

And just how many holiday ornaments does one woman need?"



 I like anthologies because you can usually read one story and then come back and read another story later. Though I must admit, I read every story in this book in one sitting. Each story was so unique and heartwarming that I couldn't wait to see what the next story was about! Tears were streaming down my face as each story touched my heart and made the Christmas season come to life for me, even if it is only November!  I can't wait to read some of the stories to my family and use it to remind them of the true meaning of Christmas. I highly recommend purchasing this book for a heart felt Christmas gift. It is a gift of love, inspiration, and meaning that will leave the reader with a full heart and empty tear ducts!

I am also a girl who loves a great deal, and right now I am authorized offer you a great deal on this book!

If you buy it now through December 15th, you will get bonus goodies!!  That means you can buy the book to wrap  up as a gift and then you will get "Checkin' it Twice" as an ebook, plus you will also get "Stolen Christmas" as an ebook and some other downloadable goodies for you and your family! It's a win-win situation!


There is another awesome thing about this book.  Our former MMW blog contributor, Lisa Turner, is one of the authors in this book! Her story of how belief in Santa paves the way for faith in Christ, is truly heartwarming and masterfully written. Congratulations to Lisa for this wonderful achievement!!

Be sure to go to this link to learn more about it! Or go to this link to purchase now!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review. Appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nikki. It is wonderful to see something so many people worked so hard on spoken of in such glowing words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. It really intices people to want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nikki! It's a great collection of Christmas stories that I'm proud to be a part of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two stories in that book! Thanks for such an encouraging review!

    Here's another Christmas story anthology to check out this year: Sing We Now of Christmas http://adventanthology.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails