Sunday, November 11, 2012

Yadda, yadda, yadda...

     Have you ever gotten to a point in your writing where you know exactly where you want the story to go, but you cant figure out how to get it there? You just want to say "yadda, yadda, yadda."
 
     Sometimes it would be so nice if people could just understand what is in your head. If they could just create their own picture in their minds without having to have the words on the page! How do they do it? The great writers I mean, how are they able to create a scene so vivid that it comes alive for the reader? Sometimes it is so hard to make it all come together!
 
     This past week has been a bit of a struggle for me, mentally.  I feel like my brain just hasn't quite been there.  It seems my mind wanders whenever I'm trying to focus, and the harder I try to focus the more empty my brain gets.   
 
     So in true spirit of this week, and because my brain refuses to cooperate...
 
Yadda, yadda, yadda...
 
 
Good luck to all of you participating in NaNo! And hopefully your brains are functioning better than mine. :)
 
 

4 comments:

  1. One thing that helps me with writer’s block is to poll my friends and family. I tell them that I need to get from Point A to Point B (I use vague terms so as not to reveal too much of the story) and then I say, “go!” They will usually have some fun with it and at least give me some ideas that might spark some other ideas.

    I wonder if that means I have to give them author’s credit? Hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I just finished a novel, "The Taste of Fear" two months ago, I wanted to help promote it and thus bypassed the nan this year.

    I know a lot of bigger named writers laugh at NaNo but I believe it is a great motivator.

    Caffeine clears my senses, and if all else fails, a half of a glass of wine.

    Cheers and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I have been blocked in my story but do as not to lose momentum, I will often do this: (insert something here about character) or (insert something witty here) or even (not sure what to put here)
    Then I will go on to another part of my story. And usually I will figure what needs to be in that spot. So I think writing "yada, yada, yada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops I wasn't ready to post that yet! To sun up, yada yada yada is perfectly fine to write in your first draft!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails