Thursday, November 29, 2012

Who is Whitney?

Here we are: tomorrow is the end of November.  Did you cross the NaNoWriMo finish line yet?  Did you meet the personalized writing goals you made for yourself this month?  Are you ready for the crazy busy-ness of December Christmas traditions?  Please drop a note in the comment box!  I want to know how everybody did with their word counts/goals!

As for me: as of Wednesday night, I was sitting just below the 47,000 word mark, so the end is in sight for me!

Because the end of 2012 is upon us, I wanted to put out a little plug for a very special award.  I was very privileged to have the opportunity to attend the very first Whitney Award Gala in 2008, and so I find a certain excitement in following their progress each year. 

If you've never heard of the Whitney Awards, I encourage you to go explore their page (just click on the image).



If you are already aware of this special literary award, this is your reminder to think back over the year about the good books you have enjoyed.  If you know of any that meet the guidelines, please take a moment right now to go nominate them.  Click on this link.  Show those authors the support of the writing community.  (It used to be easy to find lists of all the books eligible, but I haven't found anything like that this year.  If you know of any lists of a similar idea, please leave a comment!)

Because on Saturday, December starts, and we're about to get swept into the whirlwind of Christmas and New Years, and miss out on the opportunity to nominate good books.

And then don't forget to comment - tell us how your writing goals are going....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails