Friday, November 23, 2012

Saturday So What: Grateful for Water

Recently, life has been ... Hmm, how do you type the sound effect from video games-- the one when the character falls off a cliff?

But today, I had myself a Thanksgiving epiphany. Usually I'm a glass half full kind of gal, but lately I've been more of a "Can I get a refill please" kind.

With one kid in timeout, and the other crying and black and blue from kid one, I prayed that the Lord removeth this cup. What if he did? What if I woke up and my sometimes-rotten-yet-always-loved kids were gone? Sure my couch would be less stained and my sanity would probably be a little more intact, but I am grateful to have every moment of chaos if it means I have those children in my life.

When I'm frustrated that I still haven't heard back from the agent that requested a full MS, I should be grateful that someone took the time to teach me to write.

When I look in the mirror and bemoan the lumps and jiggles, I should be grateful I have a body that more or less works like its supposed to.

My husband has been unemployed for 10 months and it makes me nervous. I like control, stability, and a plan. But we were fortunate in having a good support system and savings to draw from.

No matter how bad I think I have it, there are people all over the world who don't know when their next meal is coming. Or where to find clean water.

So during this season, I'm going to stop focusing on whether my glass is half empty or half full and just be grateful I have water at all.

3 comments:

  1. Sincere gratitude is always a good place to start to ward off the pessimist on our shoulders. I hope things pick up for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. I'm grateful you took the time to read my post and give me your well wishes :)

      Delete
  2. AGH! You made me laugh then made me CRY!!! thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails