Friday, April 5, 2013

The A-Z Blogging Challenge

April 1, I became part of the A-Z Blogging Challenge, created by Arlee Bird.  Arlee is a wonderful blogger/writer who encourages writer fellowship and support.

                                           A to Z Challenge [2013]

The premise is simple.  Write a post every day during the month of April (Sundays off), starting with the letter A.  April 1, write about something that begins with A; April 2, write about something that begins with B; April 3 is the letter C, and so on.  It's a marathon of posting, and reading the other 1900 bloggers who sign up.

The A-Z is a great exercise in discipline and creativity.  It's also a smart networking tool, because it's excellent exposure for your blog, which in turn introduces readers to your book, your product, your brand.  It's a very nice way to connect to bloggers with shared interests and goals.  

This is my second year in the A-Z.  Last year, I actually wrote my posts on the days they were "due."  I've since realized I can have all my posts written by April 1 and then spend my time visiting other sites.  Much better plan.

I've written posts for the A-Z that were stellar and posts that were lame.  On April 1, I love the A-Z challenge; by April 20th, I'm wondering what the heck I'm doing.  I've received comments on my writing that make me wince, and I've received comments that make me yell "Woo-hoo!"

The A-Z is the writing life crammed into one month:  assignments, deadlines, great stuff, crummy stuff, criticism, praise, wracking your brain, and getting up the next day to do it all over again. 

If you've never heard of the A-Z Blogging Challenge, check it out at the link above.  It's a frenetic, exciting, invigorating writing exercise that keeps you on your butt (at your computer) for one month.

Then you take a long nap. 

Tomorrow....F is for fluctisonous.

Huh? 

Check it out here:  ADVENTURES in the BALLPARK.



1 comment:

  1. Fun! We did the A to Z here at MMW last year, but we got mixed reviews. I think there were several followers who were really sick of it by the end, so we decided not to do it this year. LOL! As a blogger, though, I enjoy the challenge of it. Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails