Sunday, March 9, 2014

Another Branch to Our Tree

A lot has happened for my family the last few months.  The most significant being that we have moved from Virginia to Texas.  Moving can be so crazy.  Lately I have felt like there's been too much to do in the few short hours of the day.  Now that we are in our new home and starting to get settled I am looking forward to being able to do a few of the things that were pushed aside during our move. 
 One of the bigger projects I have anxiously been waiting to do is my husband's family's genealogy and temple work.  I wrote a post a few months ago about receiving a packet of genealogy for my husband's paternal side.  We never thought it would happen, so we were very excited about it.  We felt that it was an enormous blessing and we were grateful.  Little did we know that that first packet of family history was only the beginning.  A couple of months after I finished going through the first packet we received word from my husband's maternal side of the family that, while going through some things, a relative had found copies of an extensive genealogical collection.  She had asked if anyone was interested in having a copy.  My husband jumped at the opportunity and within two weeks we had received the packet of information.  My husband and I were unprepared for the amount of information that was being given to us.  This amazing collection of family history contains dates and stories dating back to the 1500's.  As I had stated in my previous post, my husband and I did not expect to be given any information.  My husband is a convert to the LDS church and is the only member of his entire family.  While we had prayed that some day we would be allowed to do the work for his ancestors, we never thought it would happen so soon or that we would be given so much.  I don't think it is a coincidence that we were given this great blessing at the same time we were moving to a place where we would be within a short drive of a temple.  Previously, it would take us hours to get to our nearest temple.  The thought of being able to complete all of the work for his family was daunting.  
I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and that if we have faith and a good deal of patience we will truly be given all that is promised.  
To any of you who are awaiting the opportunity to do the temple work for your ancestors, or to anyone who feels that because of certain situations or family conflicts that it seems it is not possible or that it will never happen - please have faith and don't give up.  It may happen when you least expect it.  And for those of you that have already been blessed with information - Get to work! :) I am so excited to dig into this information and get to know these people from long ago.  I would love to hear any stories you have about your own genealogy experiences.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails