by Mare Ball from ADVENTURES IN THE BALLPARK
I've been a bit stuck this week.
I'm waiting to hear from an editor about my critiquing my book proposal.
I'm debating blogging my book instead of traditional publishing.
The missing Malaysia plane is worrisome. I can't imagine the heartbreak of those families.
My father-in-law had a stroke last week, and we're waiting to see what his prognosis will be.
So many unknowns at this point.
When I'm anxiously waiting for life to unfold, it's sometimes helpful for me to focus on the KNOWNS, big or small, in my life. Here are a few that are carrying me through this week.
1. I have chocolate chips in the freezer.
2. There's plenty of laundry to hang on the line (I actually enjoy this.)
3. My kids love me (most of the time.)
4. My husband loves me.
5. I have thumbs that work, so I can write to my heart's content.
6. The sun will come up tomorrow.
7. God is in control. And He knows all outcomes already.
So, I need to just wiggle past feeling stuck and get on to the next thing. Worrying about events doesn't move anything forward. Why is this so hard to remember?!
From God's word to my heart - "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God (emphasis mine.)" Phil. 4:6
What are you stuck on this week?