Saturday, September 26, 2009

Excuse Me While I Toot



Toot my own horn, that is. It's official. I can finally announce that my book, The Keeper of the Crystor, has been accepted for publication by Valor Publishing Group. The release date is scheduled for May 12th, 2010.

After weeks and weeks of edits and rewrites, I had the privilege of signing my contract yesterday. It's been a long and weary road, but the result is worth every late night and rewritten scene. And it just proves that if you work long and hard enough, anyone can be published. I'm a 47 year old, overweight woman with no formal education past high school. All my writing education has been from reading books, online classes and writer's conferences. I was determined not to let anything stand in my way and now I can say I did it. WOOO HOOO! Can't wait to hold my book in my hands and flip through the pages.

Here's a little description from the back of the book.

The Keeper of the Crystor is a tale of magic, mystery and forbidden love.

Kira Edwards thought she knew everything about her best friend, Lydia, until a brutal attack during a photo shoot leaves Lydia seriously injured and the two of them stranded on a secluded mountain. When Lydia refuses to let Kira go for help, Lydia is forced to reveal the fact that she’s from another world—a world filled with powerful magic and evil forces. Kira soon discovers Lydia’s sister, Shandira, is behind the attack and seeks to take Lydia’s life.

To make things worse, Lydia summons her brother, Octavion, who blames Kira for the attack, almost killing her. When she volunteers to accept a healing charm, risking her life to heal Lydia, he finds himself not only fighting his primal hunger, but his unbridled feelings for Kira. The decision to stand by her friend, even though the world around her is falling apart, helps Kira embrace her inner strength, bringing her the confidence she needs to stand up to the forces that seek to destroy them all.

Her quick witted sense of humor makes a wonderful contrast to Octavion’s explosive temper, causing both to give in to their only common emotion…love. Will that love be enough to suppress Octavion’s fierce desire to take her life? Or will Kira be able to tame the wild beast that lives within his heart?


Thanks for letting me toot, guys. I feel much better....LOL

13 comments:

  1. That is a seriously awesome toot, Christine. Can't wait to flip through the pages, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is GREAT!! I'm sooo excited for you, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It sounds like you have worked hard for this and deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your toots smell much better than mine, at least at this phase, anyway. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Christine! I'm so happy for you! This is indeed exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great! A huge congrats to you!! (PS: my previous comment had way too many spelling errors, hence the delete.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the book summary! Can't wait to read the book! A huge congratulations to you! I hope you have a party and celebrate!

    Oh, and, thanks for the toot! It gives me hope that someday I will be able to do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys. I don't think it has hit me yet. I'll cry like a baby when I get to hold that first book in my hands, though. I know that for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations. Your road to publication gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Chris! I am so very proud of you! At last, the waiting is OVER! Now you can breathe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Christine! I can't wait to go out and buy your book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your books are awesome, Christine! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails