Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rah, Rah, Sis-Boom-Bah! Keep Writing!


Over Labor day weekend I was able to spend some time with my brother and sisters who live in the area. While we had a lot of fun swimming and barbequeing, we had a lot of time to chit chat as well. Each of them asked me seperately about my writing, and my current WIP. They showed a lot of interest in it, and talking to them about it got me thrilled about it again. It was exciting to be able to update them on all the progress I've made since the last time we talked. It made me realize that talking to people who show interest in my writing can be a great motivator!
So keep writing! Just a page a day can make all the difference. Or a paragraph. Or a sentence. Just get it out there!
Don't we all need our own cheerleading squad? Who makes up your personal support team?

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pep talk! I had a motivational experience sort of like yours this weekend as well. Once I blogged about it, I was ready to start a new book. I only got in a few pages today, but beginnings are always the trickiest for me. Go! Write! Win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I need pep talks alll the time!! I did find something cool the other day that I'm really excited about too. It's an online writer's conference. the link is http://www.themuseonlinewritersconference.com/
    Check it out, it may be just what you need to be motivated, I hope it helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree-talking to my good friend, sister, and husband about my book is one of my favorite things to do. Maybe they are tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean, Jessie. The most dangerous question to ask me is, "So tell me about the book you're writing." When I get up in the morning, the first thing I say to my husband is, "Hey, listen, I had this new idea for my book." But when I find someone who is excited about my story it gets me excited too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! It's kinda funny, you know, how I react when someone asks me what my story is about. Or what book I am writing. Many times my mind goes numb. (Maybe this is how the Old lady in the Shoe felt when she went out in public after being locked up with all her children day after day after day?)
    I have to actually think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! Oh Elizabeth, tell me about it! When the recluse comes out to play she's forgotten how!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love talking about my books--LOL! It's getting me to shut up, that's the problem. LOL! Yes, I know I'm bad. But you're right, you get all excited again.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails