Monday, September 28, 2009

How to Become a Super Star

Recently I was feeling a bit unnerved and unsatisfied with my blogging, Facebook and twitter efforts. I was feeling that people could not relate to me. It felt as though all my efforts seemed for not. People dismissed my efforts as "too much". Taking the easy road was safer and easier. I was getting discouraged because my goal wasn't to turn people off of self progression and improvement. It was to inspire others and motivate them to be come better. My idea was that if a 33 year old woman with 5 kids+1 on the way can stay at home (living off 1 income in California) home school, run an efficient home, write books and be creative then you can too! Our possibilities are endless.
I spoke to my Guru Life Coach Father and wise sister about the matter. They said that when someone calls you "CRAZY" or "You are soooo LUCKY {like I am not sacrificing the fancy cars, vacations, large home, eating out, kids in a zillion activities, kudos from a boss or paycheck, being able to run errands all of the time (AKA spending money) etc., etc., etc.} they are really saying that you are a super star. I sacrifice a heck of a lot to stay home and even more to home school. I am not lucky!!! I make it happen and each and everyone can make our goals and dreams happen. We can all be super stars. It takes three things:
  1. COURAGE
  2. PERSEVERANCE
  3. SACRIFICE

4 comments:

  1. Amen Sista!! I never realized how much we did without for me to stay home, until I started working again. It is hard work, but I did feel completely blessed by the lord in the choice that we made. It was hard to take that first step to choose to be a stay home mom, That's where courage comes in I guess. I was also once told by a high school teacher once that I was the epitome of perseverance. I have tried to live up to that ever since, though I do go through my moments of doubts. So, if I checked all three boxes, then I can be a superstar like you?? That's great, because you are amazing!! There's not a doubt in my mind that you work hard for everything in your life and definately ROCK!! Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oye! That sounds familiar. I home school too-, and we have always lived off a single income, sacrificed the "extras", and gone crazy around our busy schedules. I'm thinking #2 up there should really be bolded, underlined, italicized, in red, circled, checked, enlarged and followed by multiple exclamation points. Keep on the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with you, Mary!
    We do sacrifice a lot--including who we are (as in keeping in touch with our true selves apart from the family)!

    I am so very grateful to have the privilege of being at home with my children--it's a drive for me to do so. I am so blessed to have a husband who honors motherhood enough to allow me this opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post really resonates with me. I stay at home with my two year old and my six year old with special needs. But I also take care of the budget, keep the house clean, fulfill my YW calling, and write! Which, of course, entails blogging, twittering, and slush reading for a magazine. There are a LOT of sacrifices, but I learned early that sacrificing means trading something good for something better.

    I actually wrote a post not too long deconstructing the illusion of "lucky". Luck has nothing to do with it. Like you said, it's courage, perseverance, and sacrifice.

    This was a wonderful post. :)

    -Mercedes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails