Monday, October 3, 2011

Morning Has Broken

Dearest Daughter,

Last week I woke up three times before you. It was difficult, but you had been waking up at 7:00 for months. I decided that if I woke up at 6:00, I would get much writing done. And it worked! "This," I said to myself, "is the answer to all my writing problems."

Then WHY oh WHY did you decide to start waking up at 6:00 this weekend? Is it because you don't support my writing goals? (Okay, you are REALLY cute right now turning around in circles to your little music box. However, it was NOT cute when you decided to throw that same music box at me moments ago.)

Will you please consider waking up again at 7:00? I was really starting to figure things out. If you give me back my little hour in the morning I promise fruit snacks and LOTS of swing time.

Yours FOREVER

9 comments:

  1. I love this letter of entreaty! How very true it is! I sincerely hope your little one listens to reason and allows you the time you have so kindly and patiently asked for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to laugh because I've had the same experience. It is SO frustrating. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I have so been there!

    My word verification is "undimom." What does THAT mean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. J.A.-Glad I'm not alone.

    Nikki-I'm hoping this 6:00 business is just a phase.

    Lisa-So how did you convince your little one to accommodate you?

    Jordan-An undimom? Maybe versus a diaperpullupmom? I am the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish there was a way to convince a young child of ANYTHING. Alas, I just went with the flow she dictated. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, I think that there is a switch that is activated when we are doing something we really enjoy. That switch, in turn, pokes one of our children and wakes them or causes them to suddenly need our undivided attention!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids always do this to me. I would be waking up at 4:00 AM if we had continued our cycle of mommy-sets-the-alarm-for-tomorrow-thirty-minutes-before-the-kids-woke-up-today

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails