Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Life Is What Happens...

So if you hadn't noticed, I'd planned to do NaNo, or something like unto it. I got three days into it...and then life fell apart. I'm not going to go into details, but it was unexpected, unplanned, and changes everything. I've spent the past several days dealing with not just this new twist, but the illness that plagues my family everytime the weather changes has reared its ugly head with a vengance, including the semi-expected ear infection for my 4 year old. He woke up Monday night before I'd gone to bed, and spent two hours crying in pain. A miraculous priesthood blessing helped tremendously, and around 3 am he fell asleep. Needless to say, yesterday was a day of zombie-like behavior, mixed with bouts of frustrated tears at how twisted life got in such a short amount of time.

I haven't written a word of my Fairy Godfather in almost a week now. And while I watch with pride and not a little awe at my writing friends who are pumping out 2000-2500 words or more a day, I can't help but despair a little (okay, a lot) as I see my goal fade into the sunset. I want so desperately to finish this, but I've lost a week. And I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it up.

I'm sorry for the vent, but sometimes life is just crazy, and you need a shoulder (or two) to cry on. Thanks for listening, and I promise to return the favor sometime.

2 comments:

  1. As my life coach FlyLady says, "Don't try to catch up. Just jump in where you are."

    I too was going to attempt a NaNo-like event and I managed 3 chapters at lightning speed. Then I got sick- really sick- and I spent 2 days barely conscious in bed (hubby was home for the weekend so he took care of the kiddos). I spent the next 3 days dealing with the aftermath of being sick in bed.

    Thinking about writing. That's about as far as I've gotten. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having to change my goals as well. I, too, love Fly-Lady and adopted the thought that I can do anything for 15 mins, including writing. So my goal is to write daily in 15 min increments. Eventually I will accomplish my goals!
    Keep going, change your strategy if you have to. There is no shame in falling off the wagon, the only shame is to not get up and chase the wagon. Sitting in the dirt as the wagon leaves you in the dust is not an option!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails