Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I is for Inspired


Inspiration can come in many shapes and sizes.   All of the contributors to Mormon Mommy Writers, and our commenter constantly inspire me.  In General Conference, the speakers inspired me to do be and be better.  I especially pondered some statements in Elder Uchtdorf's talk "The Merciful Obtain Mercy."

I will never understand the pettiness of others and how sometimes people attempt to build themselves up by tearing others down.  This is why I am so inspired by the community here at MMW.  From all I have observed within the LDS writing community, there is a system to build each other up with no need to tear down others.  Someone else's success is not to be envied. It is something to celebrate.  Personally, I enjoy passing along all the great novels I have been lucky to read.

Keep cheering each other on, and showing the world that the best way to build oneself up is to support all those around you.  


 If you would not be forgotten, 
as soon as you are dead and rotten,
either write things worth reading, 
or do things worth the writing.
Benjamin Franklin

2 comments:

  1. Very true! I often feel that way about mothering. Instead of building up and supporting one another as moms, many prefer to pick at other moms and point out what they think that mom is doing wrong and how much better they are. I don't know if it's a character flaw or a harshly critical upbringing, but some people can just be toxic.

    The best we can do is love them as we're commanded, and then move on from them, not letting their toxicity define any point in our lives.

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, Thanks for expressing so well how I feel as well! This blog has been a testiment to me of all the wonderful people there are in the world.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails