Tuesday, April 24, 2012

U is for UP

(Amber was unable to post today so she had asked us, Ashley and Jessica, to fill in for her.)





Clouds, balloons, Sun, Moon, Stars. What do you think of when you hear the word "Up"? For us, we like to think of the direction we are going with our writing. We enjoy reading the posts and comments on the MMW blog and have learned so much already. It is exciting to be a part of such a great group of writers. Though we still have so much to learn, it is nice to be able to share our experience with you as we climb this ladder. It is kind of like when you have a new baby. Every little smile, each small achievement is amazing to you, and you want to tell everyone about it! Sometimes it is easy to forget that the mother of 5 sitting next to you isn't going to be as excited about your child's first step as you are, but you feel so grateful that she sits and listens to the story anyway. It feels good to share what you learn and experience with others even if they have already experienced that themselves.

As we make this climb and reach new heights, we will be able to look back and see how far we've come.

When I (Ashley) think of the word "up" I also can't help but think of my 18-month-old. He is my third child and has proven already to be the one I am going to have to always keep my eye on. This little guy is a mischievous little trouble maker who loves to climb! The up part wouldn't be so bad, it is the down part that scares me to death! My little man will walk off the couch...just walk straight off without any thought to how far the ground is or if there is anything there to break his fall. I have pulled him down from the kitchen table, the bathroom counter, the top of the piano, the list goes on.

Jessica says this has brought another "U" word to mind: "Unconditional" It is amazing to think of all the things our children can do and yet, we still love them. Mr. Mischievous was found a few days ago in our bathroom stirring the toilet water with our TV remote. My daughter, as I write this, is throwing a fantastic tantrum because she doesn't want to empty her garbage. And yet I love my kids more than anything. I know that as they grow up, there will be many more challenges and frustrations. Things much worse than a soaked TV remote, tasks much more important than emptying a garbage to be upset about. But through it all, I know that I will love them, just as our Savior loves them.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post. I like the word "up" it brings to mind a positive feeling of being able to grow. Unless your talking about throw up! Just kidding! Thanks for filling in at the last minute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails