Thursday, April 19, 2012

Q is for Quotes


I love a good quote. I have a little notebook sitting on my bookshelf. On the front is a picture of Elijah Wood as Frodo. The inside is filled with pearls of wisdom. While the letter Q could stand for quail, queen or quilt, query or quintessential, I decided today I would go with quote.

Here's a few good one's I found:

"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader—not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon."
E.L. Doctorow

"The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
Tom Clancy

Once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can scratch it but a pen.
Samuel Lover

Writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can see only as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way. -E. L. Doctorow

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
Ernest Hemingway

I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork. ~Peter DeVries

I have always believed that writing advertisements is the second most profitable form of writing. The first, of course, is ransom notes. ~Philip Dusenberry


What about you? Have any good quotes to share? Post them in the comment thread...

2 comments:

  1. i love the quotes! thanks for sharing:)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com
    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote about quotes today too! And your first Doctorow quote is in a picture on mine! Wow. Great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails