Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Not Now, Mommy's Busy

If any of you haven't heard, mother's day is coming up.  It makes me think a lot about the challenges and blessings of being a mom.  I have two wonderful children.  My five-year-old daughter's urgent "I love you"'s randomly announced always warm my heart.  And my one-year-old son's bouncing dance to any and all music makes me appreciate life more.  I am blessed beyond compare; unfortunately, sometimes I forget this.  There are so many things I want, need, and should be doing.  It is easy to think that I will be able to do fun things with my children when I am not busy.

I will always be busy, but my children will not always want me for tea parties and trips to the park.  I will miss the special moments of watching them discover the world for the first time.  I am certain that my daughter interprets, "Not right now, let me finish this first," to mean, "No, and don't ask again."

When I think of Mother's Day, I often wish for a day off.  I am not even certain what that means.  I think this year instead of striving for a day to myself, I will use mother's day as a day to show both of my kids that they are the reason I am I mother,  and let them know that I am lucky to have them.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a good take on mother's day. I think all moms have to step back sometimes and remind themselves what is really important and to cherish the moment. I know I do.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails