Welcome to the Saturday So What: Mother's Day Edition.
So What have I learned in my adventures in motherhood? That we all need to get down on our knees and thank and/or apologize to our own mothers. With Mother's Day tomorrow, I saw the perfect opportunity. Without further ado here is my Top 10 things you need to thank and/or apologize to your mother for.
10. Letting you take up residence in her body for nine months, making renovations to it, and then vacating after X amount of hard labor - without leaving a security deposit for the damage.
9. The roughly 5 years worth of accumulative hours sleep lost while rocking/ staying up/ caring for the sick/ and worrying over you.
8. The agony she felt when she realized, Yes, she sounds just like her mother.
7. At least 3 years worth of diaper changes, not to mention the middle of the night accidents there after.
6. Making sure you brushed your teeth so that today you are not eating corn through a straw.
5. Forcing you to do your homework and learn your ABC's so that you can enjoy this blog and your successful writing career ahead.
4. Giving you plenty of things to use as comic relief and character drama in your stories. (Because let's face it, perfectly adjusted people make lousy writers)
3. Not letting you go out with the bad boy of your dreams. At midnight. On a motorcycle. Without a helmet.
2. Holding you when you cried about boy from number 3 breaking your heart.
And the number one thing we should all thank our mothers for.....
1. Knowing all of this ahead of time, and still choosing us anyway.
Thanks mom, I love you.
Thanks for reading everyone. Join me on my other blogs.
Finished Being Fat and Betsy Schow-Writer/Mom/Weight Loss Survivor.