Thursday, January 31, 2013

Parenting Pearls


Okay.  So this might label me a nerd, but I enjoy a good parenting book.  I try to glean little pearls of wisdom from each one, and work each day at being a better mother.  But this is probably the best parenting book I've come across in a long time.

So for any world-weary mothers out there looking for rays of sunshine, or any fellow nerds that love parenting manuals, here's a recommendation:  The Love & Logic program, by Jim Fay and associates.  I actually had the pleasure of hearing him speak at a Professional Development Seminar several years ago, and found him very wise and uplifting.  This month I finally picked up one of his books, and found it equally encouraging (they have a wide range of topics available, this just happened to be the one at my local library).

Parenting is hard.  Raising children is not the same as it was two generations ago.  But it can be rewarding.

And I can use all the extra help I can get...

3 comments:

  1. I have heard this book title many many times and I think I need to pick it up and read it!! I also love a good parenting book- my favorites are “How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk”, “Siblings Without Rivalry” and, for babies “On Becoming Babywise” and “Secrets of the Baby Whisperer”. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to look this one up! Thanks! i'm not one to sit down and read non-fiction/self-help beginning to end often but i do enjoy it from time to time.
    My favorite is "Five Spiritual Solutions..." By Richard and Linda Eyre. To me it is less of a "do this, don't do that" book, and more of a guide in looking at and parenting your children with the eternal perspective in mind - their nature and ours as children of God and parenting in the way God parents us. i thought it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also really love "Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline" by Becky Bailey. Yay for good parenting books. Boo for bad ones!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails