Friday, January 4, 2013

Weak Things Become Strong

My brother is serving a full time mission in Montana. I try to write him once week and we have recently taken to using a scripture to describe our week or how we are feeling. This week I used one of my favorite scriptures.

Well since this is the beginning of a new year, and therefore a time for resolutions or goals. My scripture is Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." 
The new year is a time to evaluate our weaknesses and pick one or two to take to the Lord that He may transform our weaknesses into our strengths. My goal for the next year is to write. I've pretty much given it up lately and I'm not happy with myself. Writing is something I can do that makes me feel good about who I am. My focus for writing is no longer just to get published. My focus is to reveal myself through words. Even if I am writing of a world that only exists in my mind, words are an outer expression of my inner self that I often hide from everyone, including me. So my goal is to go to the library every Tuesday and Thursday after work and picking my kids up from school. I will not limit myself on what I am allowed to write. I will write whatever is in my heart. 

I like to knowing The Lord has made this promise to us that He will make weak things strong unto us. To me this is one of the most inspiring scriptures in the Book of Mormon. I know that with His help I can accomplish all my writing goals this year.  

How about you?  What are your writing goals this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails