Sunday, March 24, 2013

Who Knew?

     Have you ever stopped to look at your life and realized it is nothing like you thought it would be?  In some cases some may find disappointment in this analysis.  I hope that for most of you, you find joy and are grateful for where you are in life.  As for me, I sat thinking over my life the other night after having a "write night" with a friend.  I had mentioned that I had never seen myself as becoming a writer, nor had I ever planned to be one.  I never took any creative writing classes, or any other classes or lectures that would help teach and prepare me for the world of writing.  The dream of being a writer had never been in my mind.  However, the road of life never seems to go the way we really plan.  When I look at my life as a whole I see the general idea of what I wanted, a family, a home, and the ability to stay home with my children.  However, I definitely didn't plan on all the little ordeals my family has gone through, but who does?  I look at all the little events leading up to where I am now, and in hind sight it all makes sense.  I never would have chosen the trials I would have to go through to get to where I am, but trials are truly like the refiners fire, they make us what we are meant to be. 
   I'm so glad that life has lead me down this current path, to things new and unknown.  I'm so glad to have the opportunity to learn and grow, and hopefully give back to the world in a positive way.  I can't help but be excited as I look to the future and wonder what sorts of things will come my way, what opportunities lay undiscovered, or the grand ideas that sit waiting.  I am excited for all of you and for the possibilities that linger just out of sight. 
    

1 comment:

  1. I can wonder "what if" often about some of the choices I've made. I suspect everyone can. I think whatever path we take, we will confront doubts and challenges, and also blessings in life. There is no perfect path and there are no guarantees.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails