1. What inspired you to write your first book?
I think that I am always imagining stories in my mind. When it came time to write my first book I just had an idea that kept growing. You know, one of those where you have to wake up in the middle of the night to write it down.
2. Is there a message in your novel you want readers to grasp? I would love it if readers gained an appreciation for different cultures and beliefs. I was a Humanities major in college and it is something I care deeply about.
3. Tell us about your books.
Well, this series revolves around 5 magic gemstones that each have different powers. Each book focuses on finding a different gem, so we get new characters every time. The final book will bring all the kids together as they try to defeat the cult once and for all, and give Cleopatra here gemstones back in the afterlife.
4. What was the hardest part of writing your books?
Rewrites! I seem to have issues with commas.
5. Do you write an outline before each book you write?
No, I picture events like a movie. However, usually I will write down specific things I want to make sure happen.
6. Do you ever experience writer's block? If so, how do you overcome it?
Well, I'm one of those weird writers that doesn't write everyday. When I'm working on a new book I do it in waves. Rewrites are the things that take the extra time and cause me roadblocks. Usually if I can't get inspired I will read other fantasy books.
7. What advice do you have for other writers?
Don't give up. It really does take forever. Most writers I know took between 8-10 years to get their first book published.
8. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
I read so much I don't really have one anymore. I am always finding new books to delve into. That's the fun of it.
Thanks so much for visiting MMW, Dorine! To learn more about Dorine, go to the links below:
Author Website- http://www.
Blog- The Write Path- http://www.dorinewhite.
Twitter @Dorinewhite- https://twitter.
Facebook Author Page- https://www.facebook.