Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Friendly Face

I'm so excited about the LDStorymakers Writers Conference. This will be the 5th one that I've attended, but because I made so many friends online this year, it seems to have new meaning. As much as I want to take the classes, learn from the presenters and meet agents and editors, I find myself being much more excited about meeting my new friends in person. I felt a little of this last year, but because I only met a few people online and hadn't really gotten into the Facebook/Twitter scene, I had no idea what anyone looked like. After spending the first day with my eyes glued to everyone's name tags, I gave up and spent most of my time as a wall flower. Not a good thing.

So this year, thanks to all the great pictures on Facebook and being more involved in blogging, I have familiar faces to look for. That got me to thinking, though. I look nothing like the picture I have posted on this blog. For one thing, I wear glasses and my hair is a little different. And for another, well . . . let's just say you can't see ALL of me in that picture. I'm rather, what's the word? FAT! Yep that's it. But that just leaves more of me to love, right.

So when you're looking for me, and I hope you all do, just search for the rather ROUND woman whose lovable, cuddly self is waiting to hug a new friend. Hope to see you all there.

Don't you just love the resemblance?

I love Miss Piggy.

OH, And on a side note. Because I will be at Conference next week, I won't be posting here. But I hope to have some cool pics to post the following week. WOO HOO!

7 comments:

  1. I totally get this - there's a reason I only use headshots online! Can't wait to meet you next week. Hope the conference is everything you're hoping for it to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you, Christine! And you too, Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for friending me on FAcebook. I look forward to seeing you too!!!
    And taking LOTS of pictures. And this time NOT chickening out like I did LAST year.

    And I am alittle plump and round too.
    I'm working on that.

    But for now--This is who I am. :))

    I am SO eXCITED for LDSstorymakers!!!

    YIPPEEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good grief! I'm so round you can't see anything around me! And I'm just dying to meet you Christine! i'm so excited!!!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe. You're too funny. I can't wait for storymakers either!! I'll watch for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine! I'm so excited to see ya again! You're heart is so big, I don't think it matters how you look on the outside. <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails