Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sneaky Sunday

I find Sundays the hardest day for me... Not because of church! LOL! But because it hits me full force just how addicted I am to writing. Since it's the one day I've vowed not to "WORK" LOL! I've even thought about convincing myself that writing isn't really work, because it just seems so fun most of the time... but yeah, that never goes over well. I quickly realize that, okay, had I just been writing for "fun" the past 11 months, then maybe--MAYBE--I could get away with working on Sunday. But since I fully expect to get paid for these books and have them sold, I figure I better go ahead and keep the Lord on my side for this particular hobby! LOL! Hence my vow to never EVER work on ANY of my books that will be sold.

Grr... sigh, this is a hard day.

So, I try not to think of it as a wasted day more as a day the Lord intended, a day of rest. LOL! Hey, at least I get to lay in bed and read and catch up on other books, right? Besides, i have noticed that if I DON'T write on Sundays... the ideas and speed of my latest Manuscript just zoom full force at me the remainder of the week.

Hmm... Wait! Maybe I've tapped into something here? I wonder if that's my secret? People are always asking me how I can write so much. Even Nano I completed in three weeks this year (Without writing on the Sabbath Day) So what do you think? Is that my secret then? Because when I'm good and give the Lord His day, he gives me 6 more of almost uninterrupted writing bliss? Hahahah! OK, so not ALWAYS bliss, but you know what I mean! LOL!

So has anyone else notice this phenomenon in their own writing?

7 comments:

  1. I am having the exact opposite problem today! I woke up with a story idea that I don't want to write. But the inspiration is so strong I don't know what to do. I feel like I could almost sit down and write the whole thing today. I haven't felt that in a long time. So what do I do? Ignore it and the feeling will be stronger tomorrow? UHGGG!! Any suggestions would be nice. Oh, and I don't know if it's a book I would want to be paid for, but I'm pretty sure it's something the Lord wants in the public eye. I just wish I wasn't the one to write it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!
    This is EXACTLY WHAT happened to me three Sundays ago. There I was, minding my own business when WHAM Prince Tennyson came and smacked me in between the eyes. Grr... It was the LONGEST day and NIGHT of my life. Finally I got up and typed as fast as I could Monday morning and then went back to bed! LOL! Good luck, may the force be with you! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto. I find the blessing of not writing on Sunday is that it really makes me want to write. It reminds me of how much I love it, and it makes my family feel like they have a break from it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, this is one of the first rules I gave myself. I knew that if I was going to take my writing seriously and think of it as a career goal then I needed to apply the same principles that I would with any other career--not working on Sundays. I think now is the best time to get into this habit, before we're published, before we have others to answer to. I know that I've been blessed with a clearer head come monday mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki--So you know I'm dying to know what this new idea is!!! You know that right???

    Candi--YAY! Breaks are good! I try to remind myself of that often! LOL!

    Kasie--Good now wrap that clearer head around MK3!! i'm hoping you'll be able to edit even faster! Need more Josh! Oh yeah, please????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenni you will have to call me for that information. I'm still debating whether or not to write it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A dilema, indeed.

    I used to bring my writer's notebook to church, to have in case I got any ideas. Well, I quickly realized what a distraction that was. So now, I leave it at home, and I can happily say, I've never had a good idea at church. (lol, that sounds kinda funny to say it that way. But, you know what I mean. :))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails