Sunday, September 26, 2010

Book Review: The Hidden Sun by J. Lloyd Morgan

Whoa.

I would leave it at that because that's how I felt after the experience of reading this wonderful novel.

Deception. Intrigue. Love.

A lovely princess dares defy the laws of the kingdom by a single act. From there, it's a wild roller coaster ride. No, it's not a pretty princess book. By far, but there is a true love story hidden within these pages.

I literally gripped the book and chewed my nails and held my breath as I read.

I groaned, angry with the author regarding the huge tangled mess he weaves in the tale, because I am so in love with his characters.

It was the hope of justice that drove me.




Though there are many uncommon names, a few which are hard to pronounce, I was able to stay on task with the storyline without missing a beat. I forgave this first-time author's grammatical quirks because of how well the story is shared.

J. Lloyd Morgan is masterful at luring the reader with his lovable characters. So much that it wasn't hard to forge a connection immediately. I mourned the losses of those who could not survive. The author is in full control, no matter the feeling of the mire he throws in (though it's disheartening). He knows what he is doing.

I wish I could let slip more detail, but the story must be tasted with your own eyes.

I recommend this book!

Click here to add to your library. Special edition (autographed with the prologue to the next book) available here.

The author has thoughtfully compiled a page for a behind-the-scenes-fun once you are done reading!

Enjoy the trailer! ;)





Brigham City Temple Progress:

They have put down the sand which goes under the concrete foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails