Sunday, September 12, 2010

Are you Successful?

by Elizabeth Mueller



This idea struck me and I feel I needed to write this.

What is success? A boat? 2 RVs in your driveway? A finished book? A published book? Your children graduating from high school? Waking up in the morning from a good night's sleep?

There are many ideas of success--depending on what our goals are. And they are all dependent upon our individual needs.

So, what is it?

For me, material things can get in the way of a vision that should start from the home. Something that is clouded over through the world's point of view.


I had a friend over a few weeks ago and the topic arose. She knew of my doubts and she reassured me. She pointed out the painting of the temple on my wall. How my husband and I held each other while we visited. How respectful my children were. She pointed out how she felt the presence of the Lord in our home. She said nothing else should matter beyond that because that was success to her.

How much she put things into perspective for me. Those are the things I ought to bear in mind at all times.

Temple Progress:

They continue to dig down and the trucks continue to haul away the dirt.

3 comments:

  1. I think we all need that reminder once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I taught the lesson in relief society today and we talked about how the truths revealed by the gospel puts life into perspective. When we remember this life is a test and that our spirits are trained for it, the worldly stuff can fade into the background. It won't go away, because it's all part of our test, but it's not as important. Success is knowing who we are and reaching for our potential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right about the material things. They are so temporary. Did you see tristi pinkston's blog about writing success? She also had some great insight. I hope it's okay to include her link. (if that's a no-no for comments - let me know & I won't do it again!)

    http://tristipinkston.blogspot.com/2010/09/success-and-what-is-that-exactly.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails