Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Waiting Game

I don't know about you, but I hate waiting. HATE IT. So impatient.

It's tripping me up bad, because I want my novel to be written NOW!!!!!!! But no, I have to let it sit, I have to let it percolate through the little gray cells until the story gels. I hate waiting. Have I mentioned I hate waiting?

We are also waiting to hear back on a job interview from last week. My hubby's been out of work for over a month now, and I'm seriously wondering if I can stand to see the man retire. But that's a waiting game, too. And I'm not enjoying that wait, either. If it wouldn't bring an automatic "no" from the company, I'd go to their front doors and be like that old Mervyn's commercial with the lady at the door saying, "Open. Open. Open."

Then there's the part of the waiting game in publishing that falls between the major peaks, like getting an agent or selling to a publisher, or having a release day. Not that I've experienced any of those. But still. Have I mentioned I hate waiting?

Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, waiting stinks! I keep waiting to be inspired, waiting for the words to show up on the page, waiting for the best agent in the world to just happen upon our blog and want to represent me. But unfortunately I need to put more work into my waiting and quit being so passive about it but neither can I be aggresive or I beat myself up. I need to find somewhere in the middle, just enough action and just enough patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm at that between rewrites phase and I don't want to NOT be thinking about my stories but I need to let them go for a while so I can see with new eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm playing the waiting game right now and it's freaking me out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, Alex, I hope it's fun waiting, like waiting for the publisher to come back with an offer for more money/ larger contract! Lol! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails