Monday, September 27, 2010

It's a Big World

I've been thinking a lot recently about art, writing, and music and how they are deeply intertwined. Many writers are artists and musicians are writers and artists connect with music. The creative areas sometimes seem to meld together, a photograph can inspire writing or and artist can use music to set the tone for their work. It's a big creative world out there, it seems that once your bitten by the creative bug it's easy and enjoyable to find any outlet possible for that creativity. I've also found that developing one enhances another.

I personally love music. I'm not much of musician, I was in band in high school but I prefer to think of myself more as a music buff. I find that when I open my mind to the music and explore it that I have an easier time writing. I also enjoy photography, I love that I can tell a story with only photos and then I can challenge myself to put it to words. My husband is an artist, frequently when he is working on his art he has music playing in the background.

What other hobbies do you have that tie into your writing or help develop your writing talents?

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. Sometimes I gear up for writing by scrapbooking or making cards because the same inspiration is at work. It puts me in a better frame of mind to recieve the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails