Friday, September 17, 2010

Writing Tools

By. Amber Lynae
We all know that times are changing.  The challenges we face when trying to write are different than they were years ago.  Therefore, we need to approach our writing with a toolbox full of tools to combat our modern day challenges.  I was reading over at Market my Words, Shelli made a list of some writing tools she could not write without. 

I had not heard of these tools on her list and I thought I would share with you.  For her full list, follow the link above.

1: Write or Die  this writing tool can be used online(free) or the desktop($10) version.   It is a taskmaster that keeps you writing. You set a word count or a time goal, and if you don't keep writing there are consequences.  The consequence mode and grace period are also set by you.  Then you get writing to avoid the reminder, the loud noise, or the erasing of your words.  As long as you keep writing you are golden.

2: Tweetdeck a centralized home base for all your social networking sites. The site says that tweetdeck is your personal real-time browser, connecting you with your contacts across Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Google Buzz and more.  I guess the concept it one place less time.


3: Freedom is a tool that would be extremely helpful and frustrating to me.  I am easily distracted by the call of the internet.  So Freedom would be very helpful if you are like me.  The site says Freedom  is a simple productivity application that locks you away from the internet on Mac or Windows computers for up to eight hours at a time. Freedom frees you from distractions, allowing you time to write, analyze, code, or create. At the end of your offline period, Freedom allows you back on the internet. 


These are only part of the list of writing tools listed by Shelli.  For the rest visit Market my Words


What are the most important Writing Tools in your toolbox?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the list Amber. I've used write or die, online, and it's fantastic. When I'm in a rut I hop on there and it really motivates me to get the words down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome links, Amber! I haven't heard of any of those before and it sounds like I can definately benefit from all of them! Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails