Monday, September 20, 2010

It's the Obedience that Counts



Yesterday was our Stake Conference. Our stake boundries are quite large with several wards have to drive quite a ways to attend conference. They decided to try webcasting our stake conference to relieve the strain of travelling to the stake center. The thing about technology is that well it is a wonderful thing it is also a frustrating thing. When you need it to work it never seems to want to cooperate.

This time the sound was being obstinate. After stuggling with it for an hour and missing half the conference they decided to send us home. It seemed to be a waste to go to the church building which is still a drive. I got to thinking however, regardless of the outcome, it is never a waste to be obedient.

Obedience, even when it's difficult, is always the right choice. Showing up the stake conference and staying until we were told to go home showed that we had faith in the Lord and that we were willing to be obedient.

Sometimes I feel like that in writing. Though I love it and get great satisfaction from writing it can be a struggle. It's difficult to set aside that time everyday to write. Sometimes it's simply an exercise in obedience. When it's difficult to write I have to remind myself that I've felt inspired to do so and there is a reason for that and I need to be obedient to listen to that impression.

2 comments:

  1. What a great blog! Yes, I need to be obedient and shut down my internet so I can get some writing done. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never really thought about writing in that way, but you are totally right. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails